Friday, October 16, 2009

Camping World With the Turners

(warning; long post ahead)
We went camping this summer with our good friends from Wa, the Turners.

They have actually relocated to Boise, so we met them halfway at a Camping World near Tremonton.
Here is one of many pictures to come of the girls. Both beautiful, both tall, and friends since 1894. Or something like that.
In addition to a river, the place had a hot springs pool that was a lot of fun. The water tasted funny, but it was soooooo warm, it was delicious anyway.
Jack is such a good swimmer now, we love our little fish.
Heather liked the water, too.
This is Jack, before he ventures out to the sandpit. He had a lot of fun there with the boys,
Brenin and Logan.

Mmmmmmm, ribeye. Need I say more?
Also, grilled pineapple and roasted corn-on-the-cob.
Mmmmmmmm-corn.
We also found some wildlife besides the three monkey-boys we brought with us.
This snake was soooooo small. Do garden snakes even get big?
I mean, this guy was little.
Worst moment of this snakes' life.
AHHHHH!!! PLEASE DON'T EAT ME!!!
This shot is funny. I have some footage that I took of the girls right before this shot was taken. I walked up to them with the camera, and they thought that I was going to take a picture, so they started preening and tucking and getting ready, then I informed them that I was actually filming and not about to take a picture. Ha ha!!
Then I got this look. Oh boy, I'm gonna get it.
Brenin.
Logan, or Lo-lo. And yes, his parents are very exhausted.
Jack.
Dave found a bat. He was our friend. He ate a lot of bugs.
Here is his close up. What a great friend.
Dave was so good. He spent a lot of time with the boys.
Because camping is hard work. I don't remember it being so much work when I was a kid going with my parents, but that of course is because my parents were doing all the work. Now it's me and my Heather working it. Sheesh.
Awe, family camping picture with pretty sunset in the background. Thanks for the assist Mother Nature-you rock!
Classic.
This is my hair. This is my hair on camping. And Heather, still lookin' good.

No comments: