Saturday, October 3, 2009

Blog Slacking

September 18th marked the last day of my associates degree program in nursing. Hence the much lamented lapse in blogging. Here's the proof......
Classic black & white of Nick during our SCE, or 'simulated clinical experience.' Once a week we would get together and play out a scenario. This weeks was a kid with severe resiratory distress. We also had adult med-surg rotations, ob rotations, and this was the peds rotations. My group was one of the first to actually kill the dummy. (PS, when performing CPR, before beginning compressions, check for a pulse.) Listening to Donna voice our 'patient' giving birth is something I'll never forget.
This is Hannah, looking mighty fine in our Ameritech colors, checking out his poor little bubba who can't breath.
This is Tim's good side. We met on the first day when I figured out that we lived, like, two minutes away from each other, and then aproached him and asked him if he would be interested in carpooling. This was during the summer of super-duper-crazy-high gas prices, so this friendship actually does have a price-I bet we saved hundreds of dollars commuting, not to mention all the last minute studying we were able to do on the way to classes and tests.
It was actually my turn to drive when Tim's wife went into early labor, and I have never driven faster in my life. As we shot over Point of the Mountain, of course there was a cop down there waiting for us. And by some miracle of miracles, he didn't pull us over!! And the baby didn't come early after all.
Ryan. What a stud.
Dean, the elder statesman of our group.
Double trouble. Charlotte up close and Jessica in the back.
Cameron. The Voice of Reason.
Jessica K. One of my favorites.
Lona. One of the funniest teachers ever. I still laugh when I think of her using he word 'tallywacker.' If you don't know what she is referring to.....Google it or something.
Julie. Also done with school and probably celebrating in Mexico right now.
Nick, bartender extrodinaire. He's gonna be a great nurse.
Byrnn. Jess. So cute.
Anyways, that is why I have been so lax in posting. Once I finished my capstone, I started working again since I was back down to jsut two days of class. So I went from having two days a week of class and Heather working three days a week, to working three nights a week and having class two days a week and working at night and then coming home and having to take care of Jack on no sleep........but that is a story for another day.

3 comments:

Sox said...

I was just thinkin' yesterday that it had been a long time since you had blogged. I was wonderin' what happened....not that my blogging in the last few months has been stellar, but I got my own reasons for that.

Stacie said...

remember that one time when you let jack escape out the front door and someone brought him back for you? haha. has that happened again? wahoo for being done!

Jason said...

stacie-ssshhhh!! that never happened! i was thinking more along the lines of the fridge being open and eating all the strawberries story.....