Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It's that time again....

.......When your vacuum cleaner puts out a delicious burning hair smell because your hair is super-long and gets stuck in everything, so you seriously start considering getting a haircut. Or a vacuum/mulcher combination machine. Does anyone else with long hair have that problem? Or, I guess I could get Heather something a little better than the cheapest Dirt Devil Target had to offer.
This is Heather's last haircut, the summer before Jack was born. It turned out pretty cute.

Yeah, so I was at work today, cutting some girls' hair, and her creepy husband took a picture of my ankles.....yeah, wierd, huh? He's probably one of those wierdo dudes who likes feet.....I gotta get a new job....
Hmmmm.....I kinda like that.
And then you blow-dry it........it's growing on me.

Heather also had enough length to donate to Locks of Love. It is long enough now that we'll be able to do that again for sure.
We almost didn't donate the hair.
However, in the end, a wall mounting of Heather's locks just would not have gone well with our living room decor.

Lovely.

Loved it!
So we are either getting Heather a haircut (and maybe me, too, cuz I'm starting to look a little shaggoriffic myself-though no where near Mrs. Lady Godiva) or we are getting a new vacuum. Maybe a Dyson? The little one with the ball? We'll see.......and keep you posted of course.

7 comments:

Laurel Criddle said...

LOVE IT! She looks so cute with short hair....and long hair. So lovely! I really really really want a Dyson...someday...sigh. For as often as I vacuum it would just be FANTASTIC! I'm glad you documented this.

Head 2005 Inc.! said...

Heather looks so beautiful!! I love it. Let us know how the vacuum performs, maybe we will get a new one as well.

Angela

Amanda said...

That was a super cute haircut! I looked at photos before I read it, so I kindof freaked out until I saw that old basement. Heather and I are supposed to get matching haircuts at the same time, right?

Amy said...

Heather you always look GREAT either way, but I have to say, I LOVE your hair short. What a babe. Jas you are one good documenter, is that how you spell it? Anyway, good job, love it.

Sox said...

Get a Sebo! I know, you've never heard of it and you can't imagine spending a $800 on a vacuum (it is cheaper than a Kirby). I spent 3 days doing nothing but shopping for vacuums. I bought a Sebo almost 3 years ago. I still love my Sebo and I don't plan on buying another vacuum until I no longer have kids at home. The guy I bought it from had a wife, 2 girls, and 3 pets with long hair, and he swore by that vacuum. More info sebo.com

Jason said...

Wow, sebo, huh? Never heard of it, I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the tip. Angela, do you guys have your own blog?

Kendall said...

Ok...I am a terrible friend. I had no idea that you cut your hair off. It looks FABULOUS!!!!!! I am so jealous. I have been wanting to cut my hair short but I'm nervous that it won't look good. Your's looks great!!

I am in Idaho right now and my phone got wet and won't work so once I fix it I will call you but we plan on being back in Utah sometime next week.