Sunday, March 8, 2009

Good thing hair grows back.....

So, I think I mentioned that Jack had long hair in El Paso, but we cut most of it off when we got back. Well, I didn't do a very good job, so I tried to correct it. This is what it looked like wet, pre-second correction. I'm sorry Doctor, but we just can't find that other pair of forceps. Alright nurse, time to scrub up; we're going back it. And this time, keep track of your damn tools!! Incidentally, this look from Jack is what you would get if you were on the receiving end of one of his smooches.
Here's another look. First I tried to cut his bangs, then Heather and I decided to just use a three all over. Heather really liked the way he looked with long hair. Having shorter hair somehow makes him look older. And, no, he's not grabbing what you think he's grabbing-he's just a modest little boy. Ok, just kidding, he's not really modest. But he still doesn't know what that thing is for yet.

Here's an action shot of the first failed attempt. I know what you're probably thinking-the baby doesn't look like the one who needs the haircut. And yeah, yeah, I know; the seventies called, they want their hairstyle back. Trust me, I've heard them all. It's just kind of this thing I do now. Since I left BYU, I grew a beard, and in the fall, I don't cut my hair. Then in the summer, I just buzz it. I recommend it to all, you really save money on haircuts and razors. Oh yeah, you really need to not care what you look like and it helps to have a sympathetic wife. It also helps if you have gorgeous hair, which I apparently have. Whenever I visit Heather at the hospital, there are always a few co-workers of hers that run their fingers through my hair. Sheesh.


The evidence. Jacks hair isn't really like mine except for it's volume, maybe. It is really more the color of Heather's hair, just a tad darker. Jack's hair is also not as thick as mine- if I grew it out long enough and made a shirt out of my hair it would be bullet proof-my hair is so coarse. Of course, cutting an unwilling twoish-year olds' hair is difficult; it is after all, a moving target.



This is what he looks like now. Luckily for him, he looks good bald-like his old man (although his external occipital protuberance is not as pronounced as mine-what can I say, the kid can't have it all). Good thing it grows back........




1 comment:

Amanda said...

I think Jack will have hair every bit as thick as yours when he gets older. He still has baby fuzz, and it is BY FAR the thickest baby hair I have ever seen/felt. So, don't get your hopes up!