Saturday, May 30, 2009

Tay-toe bu-ug!

One of the many words that Jack has mastered is the word 'bug.' Heather also taught him about potato bugs. Growing up, I used to call them rolly-pollies. Or Christopher candy, mostly because I had a cousin named Chris who would eat them. Anyways, Jack is familiar with these bugs and their amazing quality for rolling up.
The other day, Heather found a Lady bug to show Jack, and.....I think you know where this is goin.......Jack promptly took the bug, rolled in his little fingers into a red mush and exclaimed "Tay-toe bu-ug!" Down goes ladybug.
Bless Heather for continuing to try. Just the other week she found a snail to show Jack, which he took in his hand for about a second before shoving the whole thing in his mouth. Poor snail and now ladybug. At least he hasn't tried to eat ants yet.
Sheesh kid, don't we feed you enough?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I thought potato bugs were aphids. It makes more sense that they are rolly-polies. The poor ladybug. I was there.

Amy said...

I totally called them potatoe bugs too and then Jake asked what in the world I was talking about, he said they are called rollie pollies, hmmm......I think we should really find out. Jack is a doll!