Sunday, January 22, 2012

Little one

We spend a lot of time together, this little one and I. Usually he's attached to my chest, but we have our quality time too. I listen to his soft squeaks and grunts while breathing in his sweet baby smell. I think Heaven must smell like brand-new babies because that's the best scent on earth. I stare into his liquid newborn eyes and wonder what color they will turn out to be; blue like Jack's until he turned two, or dark chocolate like Ezra's. I also hope that Calvin's adjustment to life outside the womb is going alright. It's got to be a shock, right? That's probably why we don't remember being infants. Who knows? Anyway, textbooks call this bonding. I kinda like it, even the third time around.



- Posted by The Mama

1 comment:

simmadahnnamama said...

He is SUPER cute! Can't wait to meet him!