Saturday, January 15, 2011

Boricua Time

Rental Car numero 1. Since we got to the island first. we were in charge of picking up the rental. the island is a lot smaller than we thought, I'm usually pretty good at reading a map, but we did a loop thru Old San Juan like, 10 times because I kept insisting that we just had to go a little bit farther, when in reality, I just kept overshooting our destination because the island was a lot smaller to navigate than I was used to. Also, this was rental car numero uno because it had been in a wreck, so whenever I made a left turn, there was a horrible scraping noise. Too bad, that was a spunky little car.
Beach!
The Benezra's!
And the Aises! On a tropical Caribbean beach vacay-shun! Sans Jack child or any other responsibilities. More on that later.
One of the first days there we hooked up with an old high school friend of mine and her husband for Lunch at this place.
Solimar and her husband were great, and gave us a lot of great tips on what to do and see on the island, plus the food was really good. I think this was my first ceviche.
Oh, look out! Vacay toes!

No comments: