Sunday, July 12, 2009

We are finally making this place our own-we started painting-yay!!
Heather did not like the mask. I'm a meanie, I know, I made her avoid the toxic paint/toner smells. Sheesh, you'd think I cared about her or something.
We started with Jack's room, and went with something called 'Velvet Sky.' I thought it was going to be a little pale/grayish, but it looks way different on the wall than on the sample card, and turned out really great, for our first time painting. Heather had wanted to have it done before our guests came for the 4th of July weekend, so I surprised her while she was at work and took the room apart for painting.

It was a lot more work than I thought it would be, and more expensive. After I had finished taking everything off the walls and moving everything to our guest bedroom, Jack and I went to the store to get some painter's tape. Besides paint, that's all you really need, right?

Guess not. You also need extra paint brushes, dropcloths, shields, toner, wall washer stuff, etc. I walked in there thinking I would spend maybe $5 bucks and viola! Two bags and $80 dollars later, I was home. Luckily, most of ths stuff we will use later, so I'm okay witht it, but it was surprising. We also converted Jack's bed to a toddler bed, so I'll post a picture of his finished room and bed later.

No comments: