Monday, November 10, 2008

LBJ: Life Before Jack

This was our little camp. Cozy, huh?
Little did we know that just around the corner was-The Angriest Heather-Face Jason Had EVER seen. You see, out in the woods there is no electricity, so there were no fans to drown out the terrible racket that is Jason's snoring. Heather says she spent most of the night hitting me and telling me to turn over in order to stop snoring. About 5 in the morning, I couldn't stand getting beat up, and Heather was tired of trying to make me stop snoring, so I took a blanket and went and slept in the car. When we got up in the morning, Heather was still mad at me because once I left, it was quiet, but then it was too cold. Sometimes, you just can't win. However, the hotdogs were very tasty. And the look on her face-it was the angriest I have ever seen her.

I had bought a fishing pole to try out at this nameless lake, and after I had set it up and made a few casts, Heather got bored and asked for a turn. She immediately hooked this guy, and then another. "Hey, I like this fishing thing, it's kinda fun!" I caught one, too, but of course it was way smaller than either of the two that she caught.


All three tasted excellent.



Here's the bitty one I caught. Notice how hard was for me to step back far enough to get the whole fish in one frame.




No comments: