Monday, October 27, 2008

So About that.....

This pic is from last year about this time, carving pumkins.
Turns out, Jack really did have something worth complaining about. I don't know about you, but if I had a monster-hunking ear infection complete with a blister on my eardrum, I would have a pretty crappy day, too. We had scheduled Jack's 18 month appointment for today ages ago, so it was actually pretty lucky for us. Dr. Arnold (greatest pediatrician ever-I LOVE Alpine Peds) was able to prescribe some ear-numbing drops and a round of anti-biotics. Also, Jack is 35 inches tall, which puts him above the 97th percentile for his height. His weight, at 26 pounds, puts him in the 65th percentile, which is the percentile he was in last time. The good doctor tells me that some kids get between 6 and 8 ear infection in the first year, so for Jack to be at his 18 month check-up with his first one bodes well for him. I didn't have too many that I can remember as a kid, but Heather has a long and rich history of ear infections, so maybe we can avoid that. Since we got back from Costco to pick up his meds and picking up Heather from work, and giving him his meds, Jack has had a good bottle, joked and laughed for his mom, and is finally getting sleepy. Maybe hopefully tonight we will have a good night.

2 comments:

Kendall said...

I hate ear infections especially in little kids. Rhaegan had to get tubes in her ears because of all her wonderful ear infections. I was wondering why we hadn't seen you guys out at the playground...

MVP Family said...

We have been wondering where our playground buddy has been and my house wanderer....kidding. We miss you guys and get better soon!