Saturday, February 6, 2010

November

This is my grandfather, Felipe Acosta.

This was his birthday in 2008. He would have been 86 this past Friday.

I spent a lot of time with him growing up. If you were to think of the stereotypical grandfather, you know the type-the one who always had candy, bought you tons of toys guns, took you to Western Playland all the time, took you to Ascarate Park to feed the ducks and play in the park, took you to movies, always had fried chicken on hand and a special refrigerator out back full of soda pop and beer, had a basketball hoop in the back, and who didn't care what time you went to sleep when you spent the night and who was a chef before he had retired to be the perfect grandpa, so he could whip up magical meals like magic-that was my Granpa. The kind of Grandpa that loved you not matter what.

Okay, so maybe that was just my Grandpa.
My grandmother had passed a while ago, so he was ready. He left this life this last November, and Heather and I were able to go down for the funeral. We got to see most of the cousins, some of whom I hadn't seen in years. This is Marcos.
This is Brittany (Nicholas's wife), Camille (Marcos's wife), and my Heather.

With Trisha, Uncle Albert's wife.
Silas, Trisha's youngest.
My sister Fred, cousin Katya, and her momma, my Aunt Becky.
My cousin Clarissa and my sister Davi.
My cousin Edica.

Cousins Chris, Santina and Camille.
Dave, Nik and Santina.
Tia Lori, Tia Cheeta, Tia Becky.



Nik and Geno.
More Claire.
Uncle Albert
Cousin Bianca (Bonkers), Uncle Eddie, cousin Katya.
Bonkers.
Tia Irma.

4 comments:

The Boohers said...

Your grandpa was definitely not average (based on your awesome description of him!). Sounds like he will be missed by many people.

Anonymous said...

love you and i LOVE this! Thank you so much Jason! Clarissa

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jay! Is there a way to print this out? Make it a powerpoint presentation? Or will it be there forever for me to chick on whenever I want to see my beautiful family?

Its amazing. I love it!

--FRED

Jason said...

fred-it will be there forever. also, i am looking for a way to make my whole blog into book. there are a couple of different companies that do just that now, so i will probably be able to soon, and it will be even easier in the future.