Monday, January 5, 2009

Jason, This is your child! Part 1


I love ketchup. I joke that when I first fell in love with Heather, it took me some time to displace cheesecake on her list of faves, and I still think I'm only barely Number 1 in her book with cheesecake hot on my tail. For me, the love is ketchup. I was so pumped when I discovered ketchup-flavored potato chips, you can only imagine. There's this place in New Mexico called Stahlman's Country Farms, they mostly grow and sell pecans, but they have this jalapeno-flavored ketchup there that is just to die for. If you are ever in the area, I strongly recommend you stop by. Besides the world's greatest condiment, the have a lot of other good stuff, too. Anyways................I discovered that Jack will eat stuff if it has ketchup! I know that this is probably very disappointing to my Dad, but Dad, there will be time to grow hair on his chest with salsa later. For now, thanks to an affinity for ketchup, Jason, this is your Child! I generally try to go easy with the stuff, and will add it to his food only as a last resort, and of course, I'm very pleased when it works and he eats something he had previously refused. His second favorite is Sweet Baby Ray's barbeque sauce, but sometimes it's too hot for him.

1 comment:

Sox said...

I have a bottle of sweet baby rays in my fridge right now, mmm, maybe I'll go put it on a pulled pork burrito for lunch.